Joseph W. LaFleur MSW, MBA, LICSW, CDWF
I've been a practicing therapist for over 15+ years. I work with young adults and adults, both men and women of all sexual orientations and ethnicity.
I am a License Psychotherapist and Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator and conduct Workshops on shame resilience. I have also completed post graduate advanced training in psychodynamic and psychoanalytic theory and technique, including one year of Infant Observation obtaining certificate of completion in Modern Perspectives in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at the Washington Center for Psychoanalysis (WCP); now the Washington Baltimore Center for Psychoanalysis (WBCP). I initially began my career as a Board Certified Substance Abuse Counselor.
My goal is to ensure you have a safe, comfortable environment to share and explore your thoughts and any areas you want to work on. We will work to help you identify and clarify the problems in your life and I will help guide you through the necessary steps to improve your situation and quality of life.
A few Areas of Expertise
- men's issues
- relationship issues
- depression and anxiety
- shame resilience and trauma
- LGBTQ issues
- life transitions
- college-life issues
- teenagers and adult children of mentally ill and substance abusing parents
- Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator; modalities based off the research of Brene´Brown, Ph.D
- MSW: Master of Social Work degree from Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- LICSW: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker; License number & State: LC3000819 District of Columbia
- Washington Center for Psychoanalysis: Certificate training in Modern Perspectives in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Definition: A LICSW has a master's degree in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. This professional has also had supervised clinical work experience and has passed a national- or state-certified licensing exam. An LICSW can practice counseling and/or psychotherapy independently in that state of license.
- MBA: Master's in Business Administration from Trinity University, Washington, DC